:Dre'Veis Community:

Please don't spam and abuse other people in this forum. In that case, *BAN* will follow you unfortunately!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inGallery

Share | 

Nation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Veis
WebMaster & Admin
WebMaster & Admin

Male Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Nation   Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:33 am

I throw this word around a lot when talking about politics, and so for clarification, I really think I should elaborate on what I mean when I say 'Nation'.

For me, a Nation describes the current government/economic system that controls a culture.
A culture is, basically, the people and it's history.
A people is simply the human beings in a territory.

Therefore, when I say 'blow China to hell' I mean 'blow the Chinese government to hell'. When I say "why don't we bomb these nations" I mean "Why don't we bomb the government or the military institutions."
IF I were to ever say 'blow the Chinese to hell', or 'blow the Greek culture to hell' , then it would mean the innocent civilians and destroy the culture.
I would never say that, just so you know.

Nation
Page 1 of 1