:Dre'Veis Community:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
:Dre'Veis Community:

Please don't spam and abuse other people in this forum. In that case, *BAN* will follow you unfortunately!

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inGallery

Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing

Go down 
2 posters

Are you pro-txt typing or pro-"proper" typing?
Txt typng 4 shur!!1eleven!!!!1!232 liek itz da bst1
Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing Vote_lcap40%Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Proper typing for me!
Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing Vote_lcap60%Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
King Veis
WebMaster & Admin
WebMaster & Admin
King Veis

Male Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing Empty
PostSubject: Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing   Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 8:02 pm

See thread title.

I have to say, txt typing annoys me like hell. I don't really mind "u", and "2" on certain occasions (No, I am not a U2 fan), but it gets annoying when it's like "srsly, u shldnt do dat", I often don't even get what they're saying. Seriously. [s]And no, "FYI", "AFAIK", and "LOL" does NOT count as txt typing.[/s]

I can understand it if they do it on the phone, but on the computer? Come on, it's a waste of energy. Touch typing is also easier, because believe it or not, it's actually way quicker than txt typing because you already know what to type and where to find the keys, and you don't even need to think about how to abbreviate certain words. And since you type more words in the same period of time, you also save energy.

So that's my opinion. Yours?
Back to top Go down
https://veis.forumotion.com
The Remaining
The Remaining

Male Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing   Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 12:51 am

I agree with you...

Sometimes, people still txt-type on the boards. I mean come on, appropriate typing is necessary... I can tolerate it when chatting online (and yeesh, I use txt-typing xD), but in places such as discussion boards we always want everything to be neat and professional-esque.

Something like "lolzwtf txt-typ r00L u guyz sux0rzzzzzzz!!!!!!eleven1111" wouldn't be good to see in formal discussion boards, yes?

I'm not completely opposing txt-type, though, I'm only saying that people should know when to txt-type or type appropriately.

Txt typing Vs. "Proper" typing
Page 1 of 1